Marketing and Events Coordinator at Thames Innovation Centre
The Thames Innovation Centre is now entering an exciting period in its evolution and as such is recruiting for a personable, pro-active marketing and events coordinator to fill a varied role that includes social media/website management, community building and event planning, general administration and reception cover.This role can be taken on full or part time and the salary will vary depending on qualifications, prior experience and training needs.
The Thames Innovation Centre (TIC) is an award-winning business and innovation centre at the heart of the London Borough of Bexley and houses over 100 small and medium businesses.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Maintain and evolve the TIC website
- Produce and analyse website and social media reports to improve efficiency of TIC’s online communication
- Plan and deliver the TIC’s events calendar
- Create a community within the TIC to engender a positive buzz to create a strong entrepreneur ecosystem
- Use social media to market the TIC, promote events and help build a TIC community
- Respond to online enquiries
- Format TIC’s online and physical marketing and forms
- Produce the TIC internal newsletter
- Collate business information and ensure accuracy
- Research and analyse information from surveys, discussions and online
- Reception cover when required by the business
- Attend out of hours for events
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Professional, flexible and proactive approach to work with drive and ownership of tasks
- Innovative thinker to ensure the TIC is delivering in line with latest trends
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to start at 8am or finish at 6pm based on a rota system
Qualifications and experience
- 5 x GCSEs at A-C level, including English, Maths and ICT or equivalent or level 2 apprenticeship qualification required
- 3 x AS or A2 level qualifications at A-C grade or equivalent in English and/or ICT or BTEC in IT level 3 required
- Experience of using ICT packages to input and manipulate data, which must include Word, Outlook, Excel and Social Media resources required
- Relevant degree desirable
- Website development skills desirable
- Event organisation skills desirable
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications 01 June 2018.