Marketing and Events Coordinator at Thames Innovation Centre
The Thames Innovation Centre (TIC) is a business centre at the heart of the London Borough of Bexley and houses over 100 dynamic small enterprises and entrepreneurs, keen to drive their businesses forward. Located between Abbey Wood and Belvedere train stations, the TIC is perfectly situated to capitalise on the new Abbey wood Crossrail station.
The TIC is now entering a new phase in its evolution and is about to be rebranded as the Engine House with some very exciting proposed funky interior refurbishment works to help diversify its offer to attract a new high tech creative audience. As a result of this new phase, the TIC is now recruiting for a personable, pro-active marketing and events coordinator, to fill a varied role to help initiate and create a vibrant, buzzy environment for our new and existing clients. Key skills include social media/website management, community building and event planning.
This role can be taken on full or part time and the salary will vary depending on qualifications, prior experience and training needs. A Full time or part time (flexibility re child care) salary ranging from £20k to £25k (full time) or £36k to £41k (part time) depending on experience.
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date for applications 3rd August 2018.
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Plan and execute the PR and marketing strategies for the new brand (the Engine House).
- Carry out market research to understand customer and market opportunities for business.
- Exploit the latest marketing and social networking techniques to ensure the Engine House offer reaches the widest possible audience.
- Maintain and update the new company website including online booking system, photo editing and responding to online enquiries (training available)
- Employ google analytics to evaluate and maximise how users engage with website, apps, emails, events and activities (training available)
- Create a community within the Engine House to engender a positive buzz and develop a strong entrepreneur ecosystem using events, promotions, social media, classes and other activities
- Research, propose and plan a calendar of events that both support the growing companies at the Engine House and the wider business community
- Design, deliver and project manage event proposals and organise staff to manage event days
- Adhere to all health and safety & GDPR legislation in relation to an event and ensure all insurance policies are followed
- Prepare marketing & promotions aids (such as brochures, cards and freebies) for all events
- Produce dynamic and engaging internal newsletters
- Ensure marketing and events budgets are correctly managed
- Oversee curation and delivery of all marketing collateral
- Collate accurate internal business information
- Reception cover when required by the business
- Attend out of hours for events
- Other ad hoc tasks as required
- Professional, flexible and proactive approach to work with drive and ownership of tasks
- Excellent communication, persuading and negotiation skills, encouraging engagement and buy-in.
- Innovative thinker to ensure the Engine House is delivering in line with latest trends
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to start at 8am or finish at 6pm based on a rota system (flexible re child care)
Qualifications and experience
- 5 x GCSEs at A-C level, including English, Maths and ICT or equivalent required
- 3 x AS or A2 level qualifications at A-C grade or equivalent required
- Relevant degree desirable
- Experience of using ICT packages to input and manipulate data including Word, Outlook, Excel required
- Experience of using social media platforms including Linked in, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud required
- Experience of using website software WordPress/programming languages HTML, CSS desirable
- Experience of using newsletter software MailChimp and Campaign Monitor desirable
- Experience of using photo editing software Photoshop, Vector Graphics and knowledge of optimising images for web desirable
- Event organisation skills desirable